Virtual Dinner Debate: Sex & Gender differences in COVID-19
During these difficult times, it is more important than every to find ways to stay connected to each other and to our communities – whether they are local, international, or virtual.
It is in this spirit that the CEO of the Women’s Brain Project (WBP), Antonella Santuccione Chadha, participated in a “virtual dinner debate” organized by Nicola Marino and Enrico Santus from Do It At Home. It took place last Friday, 3 April, on Zoom. The objective was to offer a platform to discuss COVID-19. This particular conversation was co-hosted with Maria Teresa Ferretti, WBP’s Chief Scientific Officer, and was held in Italian.
Some of the topics discussed included:
- The sex bias in COVID-19 international data and potential reasons for it
- The importance of gender medicine in general
- The crucial role of data analysis and avoiding bias in datasets
- The construction of a registry of recovered patients in Italy
- Broader Q&A about what WBP does and its upcoming International Forum on Women’s Brain and Mental Health