~ Stay tuned for new WBP events, coming soon on a rolling basis ~
(You can also check our blog where we announce webinars and other event-related news)
Upcoming WBP Events
Past WBP Events
During COVID-19, the Women’s Brain Project started hosting free webinars. This was primarily to share key information with the broader public about the importance of sex and gender differences in relation to COVID-19, and invite a conversation around a recent WBP publication on novel technologies. Here are some examples of the webinars held. To find out more, follow us on social media or sign up for our mailing lists.
- On the Evidence around COVID-19, read a summary or view the recording here.
- Looking at Mothers & Families during COVID-19, read a recap or view the recording here.
- Discussing The impact of COVID-19 on Children originally in Italian, with a summary and transcription available in English here.
- Presenting the Nature Digital Medicine WBP publication “Sex And Gender Differences And Biases In Artificial Intelligence For Healthcare”, with a summary and recording available here.
We also organize custom webinars for organizations interested in covering a specific topic in more depth.
World Bank and Women’s Brain Project Webinar
We are delighted to announce that the Women’s Brain Project (WBP)will co-host an online workshop with the World Bank on Wednesday February 24, which is open to members of the public.
The title of the workshop is Sex and gender medicine: lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic. The speakers will highlight sex differences from a scientific and biological standpoint as well as addressing gender differences from a socio-economic perspective.
The country spotlight example will be Kenya. Speakers include:
- Dr Antonella Santuccione Chadha, CEO of the WBP
- Dr Maria Teresa Ferretti, Chief Scientific Officer of the WBP
- Dr Annemarie Schumacher Dimech, President of the WBP
- Ms Wambui Karanja of the Global Brain Health Institute
- Dr Sameera M. Al Tuwaijri of the World Bank.
International Forum on Women’s Brain & Mental Health: The Gateway to Precision Medicine, Across the Lifespan
The Forum will take place virtually on September 19-20, and its theme is “Sex and gender differences in brain and mental health throughout the lifespan”. You can read the announcement here. and see an overview with some of the confirmed speakers to date here. To register for the event, visit our WBP Forum microsite.
Holmes Place Workshop in Zurich, 12 December 2018
A two-hour interactive lunchtime workshop on “Women’s Brain and Mental Health”
Topics included: Most frequent women’s brain diseases, signs and symptoms, self-care and identifying triggers, preventive measures and how to take care of your brain
- Dr Annemarie Schumacher-Dimech, Health psychologist (FSP), University of Lucerne, WBP co-founder and President
- Dr Antonella Santuccione-Chadha, Neuroscientist, Pathologist, Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, WBP co-founder
- Dr Maria Teresa Ferretti, Neuroscientist, University of Zurich and WBO co-founder
- Dr Katrin Rauen, Neurologist, University of Zurich and Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich
- Dr Nicoletta Iacobacci, Singularity University, Geneva
- Marina Ruta, Consultant expert at UCAN Partner
- Dr Francesca Baracchi, (FSP) Psychologist specialized in maternal mental health
The First International Forum on Women’s Brain and Mental Health, Lausanne, 12 December, 2017
TEDx Carouge 2018
Women’s Brain Project Launch April 2016