~ Stay tuned for new WBP events, coming soon on a rolling basis ~
(You can also check our blog where we announce webinars and other event-related news)
Upcoming WBP Events
International Forum on Women’s Brain & Mental Health: The Gateway to Precision Medicine, Across the Lifespan
The Forum will take place virtually on September 19-20, and its theme is “Sex and gender differences in brain and mental health throughout the lifespan”. You can read the announcement here. and see an overview with some of the confirmed speakers to date here. To register for the event, visit our WBP Forum microsite.
Past WBP Events
During COVID-19, the Women’s Brain Project started hosting free webinars. This was primarily to share key information with the broader public about the importance of sex and gender differences in relation to COVID-19, and invite a conversation around a recent WBP publication on novel technologies. Here are some examples of the webinars held. To find out more, follow us on social media or sign up for our mailing lists.
- On the Evidence around COVID-19, read a summary or view the recording here.
- Looking at Mothers & Families during COVID-19, read a recap or view the recording here.
- Discussing The impact of COVID-19 on Children originally in Italian, with a summary and transcription available in English here.
- Presenting the Nature Digital Medicine WBP publication “Sex And Gender Differences And Biases In Artificial Intelligence For Healthcare”, with a summary and recording available here.
We also organize custom webinars for organizations interested in covering a specific topic in more depth.
International Forum on Women’s Brain & Mental Health, 8-9 June, 2019 in Zurich, Switzerland
Holmes Place Workshop in Zurich, 12 December 2018
A two-hour interactive lunchtime workshop on “Women’s Brain and Mental Health”
Topics included: Most frequent women’s brain diseases, signs and symptoms, self-care and identifying triggers, preventive measures and how to take care of your brain
- Dr Annemarie Schumacher-Dimech, Health psychologist (FSP), University of Lucerne, WBP co-founder and President
- Dr Antonella Santuccione-Chadha, Neuroscientist, Pathologist, Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, WBP co-founder
- Dr Maria Teresa Ferretti, Neuroscientist, University of Zurich and WBO co-founder
- Dr Katrin Rauen, Neurologist, University of Zurich and Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich
- Dr Nicoletta Iacobacci, Singularity University, Geneva
- Marina Ruta, Consultant expert at UCAN Partner
- Dr Francesca Baracchi, (FSP) Psychologist specialized in maternal mental health
Corporate event at Credit Suisse in Zurich, 22nd of November 2018
A workshop on “Mental and Brain Diseases – Under the Sex and Gender Lens”
- Dr Annemarie Schumacher Dimech – Women’s Experience of the Caregiver Role: An Overview of Current Findings
- Dr Antonella Santuccione-Chadha – PhD, Neuroscientist, Pathologist, Cognitive Behavior Therapist, WBP co-founder
- Dr Francesca Baracchi (FSP) – Psychologist specialized in maternal mental health
- Ruth Formosa Ventura (FSP) – Couple and system psychotherapist
- Dr Katrin Rauen – Neurologist, University of Zurich / Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich
- Dr Maria Teresa Ferretti – PhD, Neuroscientist, University of Zurich, WBP co-founder
- Master of Ceremonies: Sylvia Day – Actress, writer, entertainer, and WBP Ambassador
Ceramic Painting for Women’s Brain Project in Zurich, 4 November 2018
A fundraising ceramics workshop and brunch
Women’s Brain Project is organizing a fundraising activity on Sunday, 4th November at the fire-works.ch ceramic studio in Dübendorf/ZH. The activity will start with a brunch (CHF 35 pp, CHF 10 per child under 12). After that, we will be painting our own ceramic items using Italian handmade pottery items. We will be guided by the amazing team at fire-works.ch led by Rose.
Tickets for the brunch are purchased in advance via email. Pottery items are to be paid at the venue (a description of the various items available and price list is available on request).
This event is both for adults as well as a lovely opportunity for children. It would be fantastic if you could join us and would also be a chance to meet WBP team members.
The First International Forum on Women’s Brain and Mental Health, Lausanne, 12 December, 2017
TEDx Carouge 2018
Women’s Brain Project Launch April 2016