WBP at Events this Fall: Putting Sex & Gender Differences in Brain and Mental Health on the Map
The Women’s Brain Project (WBP) Team is always active and seeing how best to advocate for sex and gender differences in brain and mental health, as well as precision medicine.
Here is a list of the events WBP will participate in over the next two months.
Participation typically means sitting on a panel or giving a presentation, but not always. The main representatives of WBP are the three co-founders:
- Antonella Chadha Santuccione, co-founder and CEO
- Maria Teresa Ferretti, co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer
- Annemarie Schumacher-Dimech, co-founder and President
In some cases, members of the Executive Committee also represent WBP. Our objective is to engage, learn, share, and shift mindsets so that sex and gender differences become part of the norm in brain and mental health research, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Thursday 29 August, Basel, Switzerland: Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) evening event “Sex and Gender factors in Mental Health Solutions and Innovation” with the participation of Antonella Chadha Santuccione and Nicoleta Iacobacci.
- Monday 2 September, University of York: Open lecture “Global Health Histories Seminar 130: Mental Health” with the participation of Antonella Chadha Santuccione and Maria Teresa Ferretti.
- Wednesday 11 September, in New York City (details still TBC): The Coalition for Better Health at a Lower Cost meeting, with a segment focusing on the impact of the cost of health related to women’s brain health. This session will be moderated by Meryl Comer.
- Thursday 12 September, in Vienna: International Society of Gender Medicine Congress 2019. Maria Teresa Ferretti will give a talk on sex differences and Alzheimer’s Disease at this event, which will be opened by a talk given by Mariangela Legato.
- Tuesday 17 September, near Zurich: Annemarie Schumacher and Katrin Rauen will give a talk in German at the Lion’s Club at 7pm. The event is titled “Mental Health and Women: Stay Healthy & Keep Talking” .
- Monday & Tuesday 14-15 October, in Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization Mental Health Forum with a focus on “Enhancing Country Action on Mental Health”. A small WBP delegation has applied to attend.
- Sunday to Tuesday 27-29 October, in Berlin, Germany: World Health Summit. Antonella Chadha Santuccione will be one of the speakers in the session “From Words to Action: Transforming Mental Health Globally” taking place from 9-10.30am.
If you will be at any of these events, or know of other events where a WBP presence would make sense, do not hesitate to comment below or to reach out by email at info[at]womensbrainproject.com. We’ll share another list of such events later on for November & December!
We are also open to speak at your event or business – so in case of doubt, get in touch!